Monday, April 4, 2011

The “Keeping It Real with Reverend Al Sharpton - College Stimulus Plan” Contest (“Contest”) will begin on Monday, June 21, 2010 and end on Sunday, July 4, 2010 (“Contest Period”) unless otherwise terminated earlier or extended at the sole discretion of Sponsor (as defined below). Three (3) high school seniors entering college for the 2010 Fall semester who are residents in the Columbia, South Carolina area will each be awarded a scholarship for Five Hundred Dollars ($500); and three (3) high school seniors entering college for the 2010 Fall semester who are residents in the Atlanta, Georgia area will each be awarded a scholarship for Five Hundred Dollars ($500).

Sam Hardy
Mrs. Boresen
Period 4
4/4/11

            I feel that are many reasons as to why it is important for me to go to college. I would be the first person in my family and I take that as a huge honour. I feel that I am in a position to make my family proud and I cannot let them down. I want to show them that I am a leader and can be a successful person by using my education to achieve greatness. College is even more important to me because I want to be successful and have an incredible future that I can be proud of and be a prime example of what I want my kids to be. I want to be the dad that can stand tall when my kids ask where I work and I know by going to a college to further my education I know I can be the outstanding person I want to be. I know what I want to major in and I am organized as far as continuing my education. I can be an athletic trainer by going to college and I also know that I can receive the proper training that I need to be elite at what I do. By going to college I will be accomplishing so much more than anyone thought I could. I would be quieting all the people that said I wouldn’t amount to nothing and that there was no way that a Hispanic boy could come out of a small town and be successful. I would be breaking through all this adversity and achieving a lifelong goal that I would forever be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment