Thursday, March 3, 2011

Determination

            There are many things in life that people love and dream about but there are only a select few that have the determination to achieve their goals. Determination is the quality that is key in every person to be a successful human being. If you have the determination to go out and take what you want you are on the right path to success. Millions of people start dreaming as young adults in high school and generate many ideas of what they would like to do in the real world. By working hard for what you want, will you have the determination to achieve your hopes and dreams?
            On definition.com the noun definition for determination is the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose; a strong wish to do something, and not let anyone stop you from doing it. As a verb, “his determination showed in his every movement”; “he is a man of purpose”. In my eyes determination means that you have the will power as a person to go out and achieve your goals no matter what gets in your way and no matter what adversity you have to overcome. The word determination I think would feel like a few things that have to associate with hard work. It would feel like having a goal set in your mind that you and only you can achieve by not getting side tracked by anything that does not relate to your dreams. It would be a ton of emotion and energy to take you where you want to go. Since I was a little kid I have wanted nothing more than to succeed in basketball and compete at the college level and possibly even further than that. When I hit the high school stage is when my determination to achieve my goals began. I was no longer a child and knew I had to grow up to make my future what I always dreamed it to be. As a freshman I was put on the C basketball team and I took that as disrespect towards me and my abilities. My coaches did not respect me and it made me furious. I did not let that stop me though. I am now a senior and I have not stopped working hard to prove my coaches wrong and show them that I did not deserve to be put on C team a few years ago. I now average close to 18 points per game and lead my team in steals and in total points. My determination is what I think a strong quality that I have. This kind of determination I feel is what has made our world into what it is today. The determination to do whatever it takes made people successful in our world and it had a beautiful outcome. With all the manmade structures in world, they are just examples of what determination can do for you.
            I have many goals that I want to achieve in my life and I know what I have to do to achieve them. I will always keep the strong determination in my life so that I can be successful. The word determination is a simple word that can make you very happy in the future. If you have a goal set in your mind do not let anyone get in the way of what you want to accomplish. No matter what happens or how hard anything gets in life, overcome the adversity and be successful with strong determination.  

1 comment:

  1. I recieved your paper, but is this it? It doesn't meet the requirments of 3 pages? I will let you know your grade soon, but you still have time to fix this paper!

    ReplyDelete